Monday, August 19, 2013

Howdy!!

Hello All! Welcome to my new food blog! This was started as part of a 2 week cooking challenge. Here you will find photos and recipes that I cook myself as well as cooking tips and fun stories about my cooking experience.
Let me begin by saying that I am by no means, a professional chef. I am a stay at home mom for the most part and to be honest, up until my Junior year in high school, I couldn't cook squat. I'd burn totino's pizzas in the oven... lol Not sure how it happened, but one day I seemed to acquire the skills necessary to make a decent meal. Both sides of my family have produced amazing cooks (although none professional) and thankfully, I believe I was just a late bloomer in the cooking department... As I started cooking more I started getting better and learned my own style. I am all about bold flavors with rice spices. Bland food is just not my thing. So if you are looking for mild and plain foods, you probably wont find much of that here. I am big on cajun food (half my heritage) and the occasional mexican dish (the other half of me). If you find something you like or something you want to see, leave me a comment and feel free to share the link to the page or pin it!

No comments:

Post a Comment